Test-Driven Education Project
novel approach to teaching OO programming.
What is TDE?
- An approach to teaching programming.
- If based on the Eclipse
- Leverages tests as tools for
- Formalizing Specifications
- Measure the degree of completion of assignements
- Support grading assignments and exams
- Inspired by Test Driven Development .
The tools are currently being tested and developed, they will be
released as soon as they reach an acceptable maturity level.
- TDE plug-in
- Allows delivering assignments
- Correction tools
- Run tests on delivered projects
Before starting, the student in the lab logs into the PC and starts
Eclipse with the TDE plugin.
- The user authenticates herself with the Eclipse TDE plug-in, that
sends the information to the back-end server
- The server (upon successfull authentication) sends back the
authorization and the current lab assignment
- The student develops the program required by the assignment
- He delivers the project that fullfills the assignment
- The project is graded
- An evaluation of the project is sent back to the student via
The exam process has been described in 
with some measurement taken.
- Kent Beck. "Test-Driven
Development", Addison-Wesley, 2002.
- Maurizio Morisio, Marco Torchiano, Giovanni Argentieri. "Assessing Quantitatively a Programming
Course" In Proc. IEEE 10th International Software Metrics
Symposium (METRICS 2004), Chicago (USA), September 14-16, 2004.
|Last updated:Sunday, 21-Dec-2008 04:32:14 CET
Softeng - Software